Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lindemans Pomme Lambic


For my less sophisticated readers, Pomme is French for Apple.

My experimentation with fruity NAs didn't go so well. That's why I cringed when I saw this beer in the fridge. This was part of the selection Carter and Jack picked out for New Year's Eve. Fearing its fruitiness, I've let the Pomme Lambic sit in my fridge for the past 3 weeks. Since I've had other beer to drink, I never felt compelled to give this one a shot. After working for the past 14 days, I slowly depleted my beer stock and never had time to replenish. This was the last beer in the fridge.

The bottle is pretentious...the top looks like a champagne bottle, and under the pop-top, it had a corkscrew...tres pompier.

The taste...not very beerish, but not bad either. It tasted like a jolly rancher, reminding me of my younger days when it was socially acceptable to drink a Zima. We dropped jolly ranchers in there, so that the Zima would have that oh so yummy jolly rancher flavor. My favorite jolly rancher is green apple.

Although I liked green apple jolly ranchers back in the day, and the flavor is still not that bad today, this beer wasn't worth the hefty $6.99 that we paid for it. At a B-, PQ=4.6

No comments: