on my way into work this morning, the low-fuel light came on my Toyota Hilux pickup truck. had to give a briefing, so no time to fill-up the tank. after i finished the briefing, i mentioned that i needed to get gas and wash the truck, i was told that my boss's unwritten rule is that gas tanks are always at least 1/2 full.
are rules, really rules if they're unwritten. we have documents here that are full of rules that cover everything from sock length and color, to clothes washing, shirt tucking, temperatures of air conditioners, and backing up cars. can we just go ahead and write down the unwritten rules? i'm having a hard enough time complying with all that is written, so how am i supposed to remember all the unwritten rules. i decided that i needed to write these down, so that i'm always in compliance with rules--both written and unwritten.
here they are, my boss's unwritten rules:
1) officers don't take off their jackets, even in the office
2) officers don't roll up their sleeves
3) officers don't go to the pool, only freaks go to the pool
4) officers don't wear pt clothes when they're not working out
5) cars always have at least 1/2 tank of gas
6) non-alcoholic beer can only be consumed after 5:30
7) officers don't wear floppy hats
i'm sure there are more...half the time, i think he's just pulling this shit out of his ass. if it's something he doesn't like, then he says there's a rule against it.