Sunday, August 10, 2008

head falls off swivel

after nearly 4 months of being told to keep my head on a swivel, it finally falls off its swivel.
 
i was walking out of the chow hall without my hat...i must've walked about 50 yards before i noticed someone at a distance pointing and laughing at me.  although he wasn't facing me at the time, he was able to swivel his head around and notice that my head had fallen off its swivel.  at that moment, i immediately snapped the head back on its swivel and ran back into the chow hall retrieving my hat...luckily, my head got back on its swivel just in the nick of time.  as i walk back out of the chow hall, with my properly covered head on a swivel, i run into one of the head rule-enforcers.  he salutes me and says good morning without knowing that my head was recently unswiveled.
 
i'm not sure how i'm going to keep my head on a swivel for the next 2 months...i'm not sure that i want to.  if we were meant to have swivel-heads, then don't you think natural selection would've helped us to evolve into swivel headed beings?

No comments: