Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bud Light from Keg

I'll save the backstory, but we ended up at a party serving Bud Light from a keg. I use the term party loosely, as it was a total of about 6 people, and at least 1 wasn't drinking. The party host asked for us to chip in. Sonya offered $5, thinking we'd each drink a beer, but he demanded $5 more. I think he was expecting a bigger turnout. Despite the small turnout and small kids running around, a couple of the drinkers got tore up...like college freshmen or highschoolers exposed to alcohol for the first time. It reminded me of the time that a couple of guys with mullets showed up at one of our parties with a funnel, a case of "Natty Ice" and some "Takillya" (their words). I had very little tolerance for these shenanigans when I was 21, as we removed them from the party after mullet #2 threw up on our front porch....ok, now back the the beer. Well, Bud Light isn't technically beer according to the Reinheitsgebot (German Purity Law) adopted in 1516, since it contains additives such as rice. Well, the host poured me a 22 oz glass after proudly proclaiming that he was on his 23rd beer and was pissed because he "didn't have a buzz yet." I drank about half of it before I poured it out and took the kids home to bed. So there you go, $10 for about 6 ounzes of beer. For PQ purposes, I used 36 ounzes, to account for all that was poured for Sonya and myself.

Appearance: Dirty water
Smell: My piss after a long night of drinking real beer
Taste: Tainted water
Mouthfeel: Carbonated water
Drinkability: goes down quickly
Overall Grade: D
PQ=3.7

No comments: