Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Burritos, Coolness and Social Consciousness

Just got back from Baltimore. Since I'm a white guy, I was searching for a good microbrew, but never saw one. Thought for sure the whitest part of Baltimore would be full of them, but apparently not. So, the power of Chipotle drew me in for one last giant burrito. The decor of Chipotle hasn't changed much in the 2 years I've been in Hawaii. But, it looks like they're trying to create a hip new image. First thing I noticed was the receipt which has the quote "Farms, not Big Pharm". Then I started reading the tray lining. It was full of band names and musician names written in a spiraling fashion. I've never really listened to a lot of these bands, but have heard of a few of them like Elvis Costello. Some of the bands are so hip, I've never heard of their names. The guy who designed that wrapper must be extremely white...so white he uses a MacBook Pro rather than the standard MacBook I carry.

No comments: