Monday, August 13, 2007

Freedom to Fascism

Watched Freedom to Fascism over the weekend. In the past few years, I've watched several documentary films critical of the Bush administration, big business and threats to our civil liberties. Some are well done productions, all have an agenda to pass, all contain at least a bit of truth, and almost all are flawed in some regard. Freedom to Fascism was one of the worst of the bunch. I agree with some of the basic assertions...mainly that our income tax system is not fair by any means, and that the Federal Reserve Bank gives too much power to the bankers. In the end, the film touches on attacks on civil liberties...a real concern while Bush is fighting his war on terror.

In the end, I thought this was a sloppy film by "award-winning" producer Aaron Russo. I had to put "award winning" in quotes, since Russo makes this claim several times throughout the film. The wiki page has a few Freedom to Fascism criticisms. If I had some more time, I could probably come up with more. Using the Google a couple times throughout the movie, I noticed that Russo was stretching the truth just a bit in order to make his point. Russo has proven himself to be a poor man's Michael Moore.

No comments: