Tuesday, March 16, 2010

weather

The weather has sucked lately....Potomac is flooded, trails are all mucked up.

Sunday we went downtown...beat the crowds to see the Cherry Blossoms...ok, nothing's there yet, so this photo is for comparison of what a few weeks can make around here.
Went for a run Monday, a good portion of the Mount Vernon Trail was underwater.
It has been good mustache growing weather however. Here's what I looked like on Day 14.

Sun came out today and it's in the 60s. I'm still metroing, somewhat tapering for the National Marathon this weekend. It's painful to walk back from the metro seeing all the fairweather Freds on their bikes. Today, I took the Epic on a little spin through the neighborhood with the boys. I think no matter how much I beat myself up this Saturday in the marathon, I'm going to make it out for the Baker's Dozen MTB race pre-ride. No time to waste...first road race is next weekend, and first MTB race a few weeks later. Hopefully it will stay dry for awhile.

No comments: