Friday, December 4, 2009

Good Old-Fashioned Rant

First of all, grown men should not type the following:
 
-LMAO
-LOL
-OMG
 
Even if you claim to be a "metrotextual", that should not be considered socially acceptable.
 
Second, texting while driving should be punishable by jail time.  It's equally as dangerous than drinking and driving.  I've had more encounters lately with texting drivers than drunk drivers.  Talking on the phone is bad enough, but texting is deadly.  Please stop it.  I don't care if you are a metrotextual.  If you can't quit doing it, you should do some jail time and see if you're still LOLing when Bubba has his way with you. 
 
Third, I am not a metrotextual and do not have a texting plan.  I refuse to pay $5 a month to do something that takes a limited amount of bandwidth (less than a phone conversation) and be charged for it.  It's like paying more for bottled Dasani water than for an equal portion of Coca-Cola.  Where's the value added?  Why am I paying extra?  So, every time someone texts me or Sonya, it costs $.25.  From now on, I'm going to charge all that text us...the cell phone bill is high enough. 
 
Forth, I'm angry about this news out of Asheville, NC.  Man shoots at a cyclist, narrowly missing his head and gets 4 months in jail.  It's enough to make you say, OMG.  I say WTF. 

1 comment:

gibshad said...

I put a block on my phone so I can't receive texts. I HATE text messages and was annoyed by the "it's a beautiful day".."i think you are great"..or fake amber alerts that you are suppose to pass on.