Thursday, January 28, 2010

Great Falls

Before moving to DC, I was afraid that my days of riding year round were over. Managed to knock out 400+ miles this month. Most of it was commuting, and most of it was damn cold. I learned how to gear up and for the most part I've stayed very cozy on the bike.

Due to all the shitty weekend weather, was only able to get 3 non-commute rides in...first was a "racing skills clinic" with my new team. It was good to get out and spin for awhile, but I would've much rather been able to go out during a regular ride.

2nd ride was with Carter on the bike path...good times, until the Fred assault.

On Sunday, joined my adventure race teammate for a ride on the C&O Canal Towpath. Of all the years I lived in the area, I'd never touched this route on bicycle. We picked a slightly rainy January day to give it a go.


I was covered in mud by the end of the ride. Cross bike was definitely the way to go.

Great views from the overlook at Great Falls. The Potomac was raging on Sunday.


No comments: