Friday, June 26, 2009

Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier

Last Saturday I went 'off the sauce', and haven't drank a beer since.

A few weeks ago, I had picked up a Sam Adams Summer Sampler Pack...one of my favorites. I had previously tried all the beers in the pack, except for one--the new Blackberry Witbier.

I'm usually a big fan of anything distributed by the brewer patriot, except for the Cherry Lambic they push in the winter seasonal pack. As a rule, fruit and beer don't mix. Beer really doesn't mix with anything, unless you're in France drinking a panache, which is tolerable and preferred since French beer sucks and it needs all the help it can get. I had low expectations for the Blackberry Witbier.

Sonya opened up the last bottle of this stuff last night. Decided to have a sip, just to say I've tried it. Had one sip, and it reaffirmed my belief that fruit and beer don't mix. It also reaffirmed my decision to stay off the sauce, keeping me squarely on the wagon.

Grade=D
PQ=11

No comments: