Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA and Anchor Porter


Had the SN Torpedo "Extra" IPA a couple weeks ago. This was one hoppy beer, yet it didn't taste like a novelty over-hopped beer like Victory's Hop Devil. Despite the high hop content, this was a well-balanced beer. Had a bit of a pine tree flavor to it...the treeish flavor was still damn good. Grade=A, PQ=30.3

Drinking Anchor Porter as I type this post. Although I suspected this would be a very good beer, I've avoided it my last couple trips to the NEX Package Store, since it's $11.19/six pack. Pours dark and smooth, with a nice frothiness. This beer's well-hopped, has some dark fruity smells my unsophisticated nose can't quite decipher. I haven't had a porter in awhile, but I should drink them more often. This is one of my favorite styles, and a damn good beer. Grade=A+, PQ=27.7

2 comments:

Jon said...

but how were the triscuits?

Strap said...

a very fine cracker.