Thursday, October 25, 2007

Falling Behind on Left Behind

It looks like I'm having trouble keeping up with my modest goal of reading 1 chapter per week of Left Behind. Can't seem to get motivated, maybe it's because I've been satisfying my apocalyptic cravings with other things, like Daniel Pinchbeck's 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl or several global warming articles in last month's National Geographic. Some random Internet readings led me to the Share International on the Reappearance of Maitreya the World Teacher website. I read a book a few years ago that talked about Maitreya and this Benjamin Creme character. Interesting stuff. I find the 2012 prophecy and this Maitreya stuff far more interesting and maybe even more believable than the Left Behind BS...not saying I subscribe to any of their views, but I really don't want to buy into that violent petty God destroying the world bullshit thrown about by Lahaye and others. It's scary that our President and several of the folks running for President say they believe this stuff. I think I'm done with Lahaye...not enough free time to devote to that trash. I seriously think I'm dumber for having read 4 chapters of his trash.

No comments: